Tech philomaths are direct and dedicated reporting on the tech scene in Lithuania. Weekly newsletter. Better informed, more dense network, and getting more people into tech. Send us tips and we are happy to cover. Subscribe to the list at http://philomaths.tech/
It’s been hectic lately with travels and we might have missed some ecosystem rumours you all like to read. But you can help – here is what we want to cover, and TP community is keen to learn about:
- Talent leaving scale-ups and starting something new
- Investors and founders performing (or misbehaving)
- Startup teams showing progress – adding a top hire, breaking into a new market. signing a major customer, launching new product, etc (we do find news in between your press release schedule – don’t hesitate to get in touch even if it’s not a “big enough” update in Sifted / VZ standards)
- Job openings, especially executive level and early stage startup
Work in progress
- Marius Jakulis Jason foundation joins Unicorns.lt initiative to support Teachers Lead Tech – becoming one of the largest investors.
- Harper’s Bazaar on the Knotty Ones – and how they support female artisans in rural Lithuania
- Trafi on achieving carbon neutrality. They also just launched newest multi-city MaaS platform in the Solent Region of the UK, making Trafi the largest provider of MaaS services worldwide
- Industry draws in suppliers – Sorainen want to do legal on every larger deal, Orion will provide free help for equity accounting/stock options.
Rounds and capital
- Contra lands USD 30 m series B investment; and here’s how Gajus arrived to US and co-founded it during pandemic
- Back in September, Azur Games invested $ 2.2 m into Neosus, a mobile app development studio from LT, for a 15% stake. They have released Call Recorder, Translate Me, Scanner PDF, Second Phone Number and other apps. Looks like another HQ moved to Vilnius – very welcome!
- After winning sTARTUp Day, Vsight (based in LT) secures investmentfrom Kristjan Raude, Kristjan Novitski and EstBAN Angel syndicate and others (so what’s the total?)
- Baltic founders are hungry for success. Ampler bikes (EE) secures EUR 7.4 m investment, Latvian Whimsical takes $ 30 m from Accel to accelerate growth (podcast on Pursuit of Scrappiness). You would need another coffee if we list all Baltic rounds weekly.
- Practica Capital reported to raise new fund next year – 1.5x or 2x larger (paywall). Video interview with Donatas Keras (in LT)
- Startup Wise Guys raising up to EUR 52.5m across three funds (paywall)
- European micro-VC funds on a Twitter thread
- New American Dream – from sleeping in a car to $74 m series C – story of getting PMF and first customers with Lambda School
- Fundraising docs – quick summary on what to get ready
- How to waste your career, one comfortable year at a time
- Writing in public, inside your company
- A new study argues that insufficient infrastructure doomed the first electric cars
- If Paysera built office space, how it would look like? Sorry design is rather subjective
- Big tech recruitment. An eng created a fake CV with Instagram, Zillow, LinkedIn, Microsoft and Berkeley on it, all details being nonsense. Got 60% response rate
- UK Unicorn Companies
- DappRadar – Integrations and Partnerships Executive
- FittyAI – Machine Learning Intern
- Outfunnel – Product Designer (Tallinn)
- Memby – Influencers Marketing/Partnerships Manager